Sunday, April 13, 2008

Phoenix

Well, it looks like I'm heading to Phoenix next week.

It's just one of those spur-of-the-moment decisions. A few weeks ago I was looking around to find out when Calexico might be doing another concert near me. Sadly, they don't have anything planned. But their website did say that two of the band members would be performing along with Glen Hansard in Phoenix.

I had wanted to see Glen Hansard in Oakland, but couldn't get a ticket. So I said, hey, why the hell not go see him in Phoenix. I've long wanted to see Phoenix, and I need a vacation.

It wouldn't really be fair to say I'm going there for a concert. I just needed to go somewhere, and I couldn't decide where. It takes a little random something like that to make me make up my mind.

So I'll be spending a few days in Sedona and a three nights in Phoenix. I've seen the Grand Canyon already, so I won't go up there. Maybe I'll drive down to Nogales for the heck of it. Hard to say.

Though it is only April, it will probably be unbearably hot in Phoenix, in which case I'll spend all my time indoors or in a pool, which is perfectly ok. Sedona should be comfortable, at least.

No comments: