Saturday, May 3, 2008

I can't ride my bicycle

I'm still waiting for my new bicycle to be delivered. In the meantime, I have to keep riding my old one.

I went for a ride up Tunnel Road today. I never quite made it to the top because I started to get one of my headaches. I know from experience that it is best to stop as soon as the headache first starts. Otherwise, it will get pretty bad.

So I turned around and started down the hill. I tried to shift into high gear but I couldn't. For some reason my front derailleur refused to cooperate. I couldn't figure out why not.

Soon I met ANT who was on his way up the hill, so I asked him what could be wrong. He showed me that my cable was frayed and rusted. Apparently that is not a good thing! How was I to know? I don't remember anyone telling me that before. I thought it was supposed to be like that.

Anyway, it is a good thing that I already have a new bike ordered.

1 comment:

Angostura Bitters said...

yup your shifting cable housing was like TOTALLY bursted...at least it wasn't a brake cable...that would have been the suck...now if i can only figure out what Goog is trying to make me spell in the "WORD VERIFICATION" below...qflcaqbo?