Monday, October 20, 2008

Sale Pending!

Thanks to all the people who sent me advice, by e-mail or here on the blarg, on whether I should buy my condo or not. I got lots and lots of e-mail, and it was really helpful.

It was a tough decision, but I finally decided to procrastinate until someone else would buy it. And someone finally did!

I was riding by on my bike last Thursday, and it had a sale pending sign up.

Seriously, I just decided that I don't feel comfortable right now getting that deep into debt. Psychologically, I don't handle debt well, and the recent market turmoil also gave me pause.

I do not mind renting indefinitely. And it might even make sense financially.

Maybe I'll look for a nicer apartment someday, but this one is really fine for me.


Anonymous said...

Don't worry-- maybe they'll have problems getting a loan, the whole thing will fall thru, and you'll have another chance. And to make a lower offer.

David T said...

there may be 20 more perfect places that "slip by" before you decide to buy. And, like you say, it's not a bad financial decision to continue renting!

P.S. I've been waffling about buying here in London, too. Would be nice if we'd choose less expensive cities to live in!!

Ed said...

Have you considered that these cities might be expensive because we choose to live in them?